Our Enrolment Policy
As a Catholic Secondary College within the Archdiocese of Melbourne, Mount Lilydale Mercy College operates primarily to serve Catholic families who wish to offer their children a Catholic secondary education in the Mercy tradition. The total enrolment of the Year 7 intake is capped by Catholic Education Melbourne (CEM) at 260 students. Enrolment Guidelines have been developed in accordance with CEM and are outlined below:
Enrolment for Catholic Students:
- Attending a Catholic school from Priority Parishes, including: Belgrave (Monbulk), Croydon, Healesville, Lilydale, Mooroolbark (Kilsyth, Montrose), Mount Evelyn and Warburton/Yarra Junction.
- With siblings currently attending or with parents who are Old Collegians or current staff members.
- In a Priority Parish NOT attending a Catholic school with full sacraments at the appropriate age level.
- From other Parishes attending a Catholic school.
- In a Priority Parish NOT attending a Catholic school with the sacrament of Baptism.
After places have been allocated to Catholic students, places are offered to non-Catholic students at the Principal’s discretion, but generally according to the following guidelines:
- Members of Christian Orthodox Churches.
- Other Christian students attending a Catholic school for more than two years.
- Students with siblings currently attending or with parents who are Old Collegians or current staff members.
- Students attending a Catholic school for more than two years.
- Students who are members of Christian Churches and do not attend a Catholic School.
- Students NOT attending a Catholic school.
In order to enrol your child at the College, an Application for Enrolment Form is required to be completed and submitted to the Registrar's Office. Applications are accepted from students who are in Grade 4 and 5 and require a $100.00 non-refundable application payment. A copy of our Family Enrolment Agreement can be found on page 2 of the Application for Enrolment.Families are invited to attend an Information Session and are required to attend an interview prior to offers being made. Parents are advised by letter early in Term 4 of the Grade 5 year of the result of their application.
Enrolment opportunities are available at other Year levels where vacancies occur. Enrolment for students entering in Year 8 to 12 is by interview which can be arranged by contacting the Registrar.