Mercy Education Limited (Mercy Education) is an incorporated Ministry of the Sisters of Mercy of Australia and Papua New Guinea (ISMAPNG), charged with operating all educational ministries over which the Institute holds complete sponsorship. Mercy Education is one of the many works operated by the Institute throughout Australia and Papua New Guinea.
In November 2011, Mercy Education, a company limited by guarantee and constituted under the Corporations Act 2011 (Cth), became registered with ASIC. Prior to this, and from 1997, Mercy Education operated as Mercy Secondary Education Inc (MSEI), an incorporated association under Victorian State legislation that served the needs of the Education ministry of the former Melbourne Congregation of the Sisters of Mercy.
The Institute of the Sisters of Mercy of Australia and Papua New Guinea (ISMAPNG) is involved with eight fully sponsored secondary schools in Victoria, three in Western Australia and one in South Australia as well as one co-sponsored school in Victoria.
Sponsored Secondary Schools:
- Mercedes College, Perth WA
- Academy of Mary Immaculate, Fitzroy VIC
- Sacred Heart College, Geelong VIC
- Catholic College Bendigo, Bendigo VIC
- St Aloysius College, Adelaide SA
- St Aloysius College, North Melbourne VIC
- Sacred Heart College, Kyneton VIC
- Mount Lilydale Mercy College, Lilydale VIC
- St Joseph’s College, Mildura VIC
- Our Lady of Mercy College, Heidelberg VIC
- St Brigid’s College, Lesmurdie WA
- Santa Maria College, Attadale WA
Co-sponsored Secondary Schools:
- Emmanuel College, Warrnambool VIC